Yvonne, from Christchurch...
Fruity Anzac Biscuits
Using the traditional anzac recipe but full of green and red glazed cherries and cahew nuts. These are traditional but a little extra and look and taste nice especially for feative occasssions like xmas. I have substituted a non dairy margerine as I have family members who are allergic to both peanuts and dairy.
- 50 gms flour
- 50gms margerine (or butter)
- 75 gms sugar
- 1 tbspn golden syrup
- 2/3 cup coconut
- 1/2 tspn bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup red glazed cherries
- 1/2 cup green glazed cherries
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 2 - 3 tablespoons boiling water
- Mix together flour, sugar, coconut, rolled oats, cherries and cashew nuts.
- melt margerine and golden syrup and add bicarbonate of soda that has been dissolved in 2 tbspns boiling water.
- make a well in centre of dried ingredients and stir in liquid. Depending on moisture from cherries may need an additional tbspn of boiling water if a little dry.
- Place in spoonfuls and flatten on cold greased trays of baking sheets.
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes at 180C.
- Don't overcook as nice when chewy and soft rather than crispy.
|Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|depends on size - abt. 20||15 - 20 minutes||10 - 20 minutes|