patricia, from linwood...
Austrian Coffee Cake
A very moist cake and packed with flavour which can be nice as a dessert or for an afternoon party.
1 Votes Since September 12th
- 6oz butter
- 6oz castor sugar
- 3 eggs
- pinch salt
- 1/2 pint strong black coffee
- 1/2 pint cream.( whipped )
- sugar and rum or brandy. to taste.
- 1-2 drops vanilla essence.
- Almonds ( browned )
- Set oven at 375 F.
- Cream the butter and sugar in bowl till light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs a little at a time and lastly fold in the sifted flour and salt with a metal spoon.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared ring tin and bake for about 25 minutes.
- When cooked, take out of oven and set aside to cool, when cold, soak it with the coffee, sweetened, and flavoured with the rum or brandy, mask coat with the cream, sweetened with vanilla essence. Decorate with almonds.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|12 people||25 minutes||20 minutes|