Lynn Diane, from Woodend...
Old Fashioned Bran Muffins
A moist bran muffin that is easy to bake.
4 Votes Since September 11th
- 1 cup of bran
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1/4 cup of sultanas
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- Combine bran, milk, golden syrup and sultanas in a bowl
- Stir to mix and set aside for 5 minutes
- Sift the flour, baking soda, ginger, salt into the bran mixture
- Add the sugar and lightly beaten egg.
- Stir mixture only enough to moisten
- Spoon into 6 deep muffin pans
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 18 - 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve warm
|Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|18 - 20 minutes||15 minutes|