Mrs Robin, from Nth New Brighton...
This is a very quick, prepared in a sauspan boiled chocolate cake.
Usefull for busy mums as the receipe says the rougher you treat the mixture the better the cake is. I like to make an impressive cake in a ring tin. Very tasty and never fails.
The receipe has been handed down the family, now the grandchildren make it.
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup cold Water
- 4 oz Butter
- 2 or more Tbsp Cocoa
- Boil together in a large sauspan
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- Boil first 4 ingredience. Remove from heat. Add 1/2 tsp Baking Soda and 2 Eggs beaten with a fork. Add 1 1/2 cups Self Raising
- Flour .
- Beat the first 4 ingredience well after boiling ( I use a whIsk)
- Add flour and beat well again. The rougher the better.
- Line expanding tin with baking paper. I usually don't expand the tin.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|choice of size pieces cut||180c 30 to 40 min||5 to 10mins|