Kevan, from Woodend...
Yummy Curried Peaches
Might sound a strange combination for dessert but it really is disgustingly rich and yummy in the best way and so time effective to achieve! ('Weight Watchers' approved--NOT!!) But as the saying goes "a little in moderation" never hurt any person. It really gets guests thinking "hmm what on earth is that flavour?" (Bit like my 'Tomato Icecream' recipe that is also posted on this site)
- 1 large can of drained Sliced Peaches
- 2tbl spoons Butter
- 2tbl spoons Curry Powder
- 2tbl spoons Honey or Brown Sugar
- 3tbl spoons Raspberry Jam
- 250mls Cream-whipped
- 1/2 small carton Sour Cream
- 1/3tp spoon Nutmeg
- Grated Chocolate
- Mint or other garnish
- Melt Butter over a low heat, add Curry Powder,Honey/Sugar and Jam.
- After a few minutes will slightly thicken,then add drained Peaches.
- Stir until the fruit is well coated with the Curry/Jam liquid.
- Place in refrigerator until cold.
- Whip the Cream with the Nutmeg and add the Sour Cream during the final stage of thickening.
- Gently fold cream mix into the cold Peaches.
- Serve in tall glasses topped with Grated Chocolate and a Mint Sprig garnish.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|8 Parfait Glasses||Liquid-5mins max||20minutes|