jen, from ashburton...
Lovely Raspberry Custard With Pastry And Cream
This dessert is very easy and can be prepared in advance of a meal.Children love this as well,it is a light dessert but very very mourish.
Lovely summer dessert or winter.
Very easy to make and people will love it looks very delicate but you will find out you will want more and more have fun!
- I use brought pastry ,cut into 4 squares,you can use more.
- 4 Tablespoons of custard powder
- 4 Tablespoons of white sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- 250 ml of ceam
- 1/2 cup of white chocolate buttons
- 2 eggs,lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla paste or 4 vanilla ess.
- 1 egg for eggwash
- 1 cup of frozen raspberries or redcurrants any berry fruit
- or nuts or chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 190 dg.
- Place pastry on a tray and 1 centimeter around each sqaure slither around the edge but don't cut through the pastry,
- this is to make the sides of the pastry puff up,
- then brush with eggwash over the squares of pastry bake until brown it is roughly around 15 minutes .
- While that is cooking mix custard powder and sugar to a paste
- then add milk simmer but mixing the whole time.
- When nearly thick add in the cream,white chocolate buttons and vanilla
- Once thick quickly mix in the slighly beaten eggs mixing very fast until smooth.
- Let that cool.
- Once pastry has cooled push the centre gently down so the sides are higher.
- Then with the custard mixture spoon into the pastry
- If the custard has gone to firm mix in some cream.
- Once you have put the custard in the cases place fruit
- on the custard and serve with whipped cream
|Serves||Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|4||how ever ever many pastry sheets,||30 minutes||30 minutes|