Tanelle, from Auckland...
Tea Time Apple Spice Cake
This cake is so moist, just the thing for the perfect afternoon tea.
Basically a one bowl cake so its very easy to make.
I think this cake is best served warm with lashings of whipped cream on the side.
For a variation try adding chopped walnuts mixed with brown sugar and cinnamon onto the top of the cake before it goes into the oven.
- 2 large granny smith apples
- 1 C sugar
- 100g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Peel and thinly slice apples and place in a mixing bowl
- Sprinkle sugar over apple
- Melt butter and beat egg into it
- Pour butter mixture over apple
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice to the mixture
- Mix well.
- Bake for 1 hour at 180C or until cake is golden
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|6-8||50-60 mins||12 minutes|