Kylie, from Invercargill...
Marvellous Fudge Cake
This is something i created one day in the kitchen when iwas bored at home. Its an adaptation of a recipe that i found on a sugar packet. My husband absolutley loves it mind you i can't think of anyone who doesn't like fudge cake.
- 2pkt plain biscuits (I use a pack of vanilla wine and one of malt)
- 250gm Butter
- 1 Tin Condensed Milk
- 1/2C Brown Sugar
- 1/4 C Cocoa (you might wat to use less)
- 4 Mars Bars
- 1/4 C White Chocolate Bits
- 1Tbsn Vanilla
- 200gms Dark Chocolate ( I Use whitakers 70%)
- 200gms Butter
- Melt butter, condensed milk and sugar in a large pot on low heat.
- While thats melting roughly crush the biscuits and chop up the Mars bars.
- Take melted mixture off the heat.
- Add the vanilla and cocoa to the melted mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the biscuits crumbs and choclate bits to the moxture and stir to combine.
- Put the mixture in a dish in the fridge overnight to set.
- When set ice with the following:
- Melt chocloate and butter together until smooth.
- Let cool until mixture is of a preading consistancy.
- Spread over Fudge.
- Cut into squares when set.
- NB: I use a square silicon tine to make it in it makes it alot easier to get it out when its time to ice it. You can also ice it with glace icing.
|Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|1good sized square||10 minutes||20 Minutes|