Bridget, from St Albans...
Zingy Lemon And White Chocolate Muffins
Light tangy lemon muffins with a real ZING and the sweet surprise of little white chocolate bits.
32 Votes Since September 3rd
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 100g white choc bits or chopped milky bar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- zested rind of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 225-250g of plain yoghurt (or Cyclops citrus yoghurt is great)
- another 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Preheat the oven to 190 deg C. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and choc bits. In another bowl mix melted butter, lemon rind, about 2 tablespoons of the juice, eggs and yoghurt. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir until just moist - don't over mix. Spoon mixture into well greased muffin tins. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While muffins are baking make a lemon glaze. Combine the rest of the lemon juice with the 2 tablespoons of sugar. Boil in the microwave, stopping to stir and check. Cook until slightly thickened. When the muffins come out out of the oven brush with the glaze. It'll soak in - keep applying the glaze as the muffins cool until it's all used.
|Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|12 muffins||15-20 mins||20 mins|