Laurelee, from Takaka...
Auckland Anne's Yummy Cheese Scones
My friend Anne, from Auckland, made this recipe for morning tea for me & another friend when we visited her & her sick husband a couple of years ago. Anne gave us both this recipe, & although the scones turn out lovely & soft for me, the same didn't happen for my friend. Likewise with a few people I've passed the recipe onto. And I'm NO scone cook!! Strangely though, when I've doubled the recipe to make a bigger batch, the scones don't turn out as good as a single mix.
This recipe takes less than 5 minutes to mix together, doesn't need to be rolled out & cut into shapes, & 10 minutes to cook. I have a fan-bake oven, so I don't know how the recipe would turn out in a conventional oven.
- 2 cups of Flour
- 4 teasponns of Baking Powder
- 3 cups of Grated Cheese - (doesn't seem to matter whether it's Tasty, Edam, or Mild cheese)
- 2 eggs
- About 1 cup of Milk.
- Turn oven onto the highest temperature.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Beat eggs & milk together & then mix with dry ingredients.
- Put spoonfuls of mixture onto a tray which has baking paper on it.
- Put trays into oven.
- Turn the oven temperature off & fan-bake on.
- Leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- When cooked, put onto cake racks to cool.
- Serve with Plum or any Fruit Jam & Whipped Cream, or just butter.
|Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|Makes about 16 scones.||10 minutes||Approx. 5 minutes|