Erin, from Kaiapoi...
Beautiful Berry Muffins
These are really superb muffins and can be made with fresh or frozen berries and are always a big hit!
2 Votes Since September 3rd
- 120g softened butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 2/3 cup self raising flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 150g berries
- Preheat oven to 180c and line 12 normal size muffin tins or 6 texan muffin tins.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time,
- Then add vanilla and sour cream,
- Sift in flour and baking powder and mix until almost combined.
- Fold in berries.
- Bake for 25 mins for 12 normal muffins
- Bake for approx 35-40 mins for texan muffins
- When using frozen berries they may take a few minutes longer!
|Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|6 texan muffins or 12 normal size||25-40 mins||10 mins|