Shirley, from 0067 Lake Rd, Leeston...
Shoo Fly Pie
Such an easy, quick dessert to make , especially when you have got home from a long day at work.
You just feel like having a dessert for a change, or your husband informs you that visitors are coming for tea after golf today
- Crust... 4 oz butter
- 6 oz brown sugar
- 8 oz flour (2 cups)
- Filling ..... 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp ground cloves
- 3 tblsps Golden Syrup
- 3/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4cup hot water
- Make crumbs in whiz, and put 1/2 into a buttered flat dish.
- Mix filling together, except for hot water.
- Tip over crumbs.
- Pour over hot water,
- Cover with rest of crumbs.
- Bake at 200c 15 mins, lower temp to 150c for 15 mins.
- Delicious with ice cream and maple syrup.
- How can one cook such a delightful dessert in such a short time??
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|6 hard working people||1/2 hour||10 mins|