Rachel, from Westmorland...
Smooth As Velvet Lemon Meringue Pie
What could be better than lemon meringue pie made with condensed milk. This recipe was adapted from a pie made for me over 10 years ago by one of my dearest friends passed down to her through Mother and is still my husbands favourite! (Even though I once mistakenly made it with salt instead of sugar.)
- 1 Pkt Malt Biscuits
- 100grams Butter, Melted
- 1 Can Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Rind
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/4 Cup Caster Sugar
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees
- Crush the malt biscuits and mix with melted butter
- Press into the base of a springform tin, refrigerate.
- Combine condensed milk, rind, juice and beat in egg yolks.
- Pour over base
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks
- Gradually beat in caster sugar a little at a time until glossy.
- Spread over filling
- Bake 10-15 minutes
- Serve Cold.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|