Sharlene, from Forrest Hill...
Mad Grape Cake
This is a delicious cake that can be served warm as a desert or cold with a light dusting of icing sugar for afternoon tea. It is absolutely divine
336 Votes Since September 1st
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Chelsea Sugar
- 1 tspn Vanilla Essence
- 1 lemon - rind and juice
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 500 grams grapes (seedless)
- Preheat oven to 200 deg C. Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla essence, lemon rind and juice until thick. Add sifted flour. Stir until evenly mixed. Gently stir in grapes.
- Put in a greased and floured 23cm round tin. Reduce oven to 180 deg C and cook approximately 30-40 minutes. Leave for 3 minutes before turning out.
- Dust with sifted Icing Sugar. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
|Serves||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|8-10||30-40 mins||15-20 mins|