Deb, from Beckenham...
Melt In The Mouth Shortbread
The most delicious, delicate shortbread you could wish for. A tried and true favourite for many generations in my family and a success is guaranteed. Passed on by my Great Aunt many years ago and is a tradition that will remain for many generations to come. So popular with all ages. Makes a wonderful Christmas gift when a few chopped red cherries are added to the mix and half dipped in white chocolate. Packaged in attractive cellophane always makes a most welcome gift.
- 250 grams butter - room temperature
- 100 grams icing sugar
- 300 grams white flour
- 30 grams cornflour or rice flour
- 30 grams ground almonds
- Mix all together with an electirc mixer in a large bowl until well combined.
- Turn on to a cool,knead gently and form into a log.
- Wrap in greaseproof paper and place in the fridge or freezer until firm.
- Cut into slices and place on a baking paper lined baking tray.
- Prick the slices with a fork.
- Bake at 150 degrees C for 25-30 minutes until just turning colour..
- Leave on rays for 10 minutes and then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Keeps well in an airtight container in a cool place.
|Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|Makes 25 good sized pieces||25-30 minutes||15 minutes plus chilling time|