Alistair, from St Albans...
The Most Basic Of Biscuits
This recipe is the most understated of all recipes I use, and a great way to ensure people keep eating butter (without knowing it). It is from good old Edmonds, and I can whip these up in no time when good tea drinkers pop in.
- 125g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Champion standard plain flour
- 1 tsp Edmonds baking powder
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla together until light and fluffy
- Add egg, beating well.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and mix into creamed mixture.
- Roll heaped teaspoonsful of mixture into balls and place on oven tray
- Flatten slightly with a flavoured fork.
- Bake at 190 C for about 12 minutes until golden.
- Makes about 35.
- Add lemon zest, cocoa, orange zest, mixed spice or sultanas for varying flavours
|Amount||Cooking Time||Prep Time|
|35 bikkies||12 minutes||12 minutes|